Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pumpkin Iced Cookies

















I decided to start a new blog about one of my passions, cooking! In this blog you will find recipes of lots of delicious foods that aren't going to add inches to your waist line! For all of you that are on Weight Watchers, like myself, you will find the points value at the end of each recipe.

The leaves are starting to turn, the air is getting crisp, pulling out jackets & hoodies that have been stashed away for the last few months. All this makes me want to break out all my fall dessert recipes & have a baking party! A couple of days ago I decided to make some iced pumpkin cookies. One of my favorites! I also think the kids love them just as much as I do. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does!


Iced Pumpkin Cookies

  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I personally used 1 1/2 c white flour & 1 c whole wheat)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup light butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (I used fresh pumpkin puree)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
  2. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
  3. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.

Once cookies were cool I put a cinnamon buttermilk glaze on them. Cookies are just fine with no glaze as well!


Cinnamon Buttermilk Glaze

  • 1 c powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 Tbsp buttermilk
Mix all ingredients & then refrigerate until it thickens. Drizzle on top of cookies.

Weight Watcher points: 1.5 pts per serving (1 cookie) without glaze
2 pts per cookie with glaze

No comments:

Post a Comment